Tuesday 28 January 2014

2014 Grammy Awards - Best Dressed

I have to say, this year's Grammy awards was a bit underwhelming. There was no DRAMA! Perhaps that is because neither Riri nor Miley were present, but I digress. The night still had some awesome looks that knocked it out of the park (hellloooo, Queen Bey!). Here are my favorites:



Beyonce - Michael Costello
Speaking of Bey, I love the alluring details of this dress. Beyonce (unlike Paris Hilton) did sheer white the right way. The strategic placing of the floral lace leaves little to the imagination but in a classy way. Jay-Z is a lucky man!



Taylor Swift - Gucci
Taylor brings her signature style up a notch with this sophisticated sparkly number. I love how she chose a ponytail to go with this look. Absolutely stunning.

Alicia Keys - Armani Privé
This fiery girl was absolutely stunning in this maternity gown. As I've mentioned before, the pregnant ladies have been rocking it lately! The blue is a nice change from all the metallic gowns we've been seeing lately. Don't get me wrong, I am crazy for metallics but it just gets boring after a while when literally everybody is wearing it.


Ciara - Emilio Pucci
Speaking of pregnant (and metallic)  - Ciara is glowing in this gown. Yes, metallic is getting boring but I can't help but fall in love with this look. The swirly design adds some interest to the gown, and her loose waves and bronze makeup adds some softness to complete the look.

For the men, there weren't that many looks that wowed. However, Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis brought some much needed pizzaz to the carpet:

So much fun.

I really hope to see some color at the next award show! I would especially love to start seeing some pastels as they're projected to be the in-thing for S/S2014. One thing is for sure - I better not see another sea of gold and silver dresses. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment